Monday, March 15, 2010

Chocolate Curls

Been looking up how to make chocolate curls today of the web so that I can put them on top of my chocolate cakes as a garnish. There are so many garnishes out there to learn and I love learning and practicing everyone...HAHA I even garnish my dinner plates at home sometimes just because there are so many food items we throw away that are not the best to eat, that actually can garnish a plate.

Garnish Tip #1.

When you use green onions don't throw away the bottom white part(root). Cut the off with a little green at the top still left on(about 2-3inches of green at most), put them in a container of ice water(with actual ice in it lol) and put a lid on the container. Now keep in your fridge....next you know the green onion root becomes a wonderful flower. The cold water reacts with the root causing it to separate and curl making it look like a flower to allow you to garnish a wonderful treat or dinner....TADA =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment